Thursday, September 15, 2011

NEW TECHNOLOGY...... adding to our family

"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." ~Isaac Asimov

We are such accumulators of tech stuff. Between us we have 3 mobile phones, 4 laptops, and a Kindle eReader (feel like adding..and a partridge in a pear tree..la la). Granted 1 phone and 1 laptop is military issue...but really!.... 2 people, 1 little condo.....yet in spite of this, another gadget was recently added to the family.

After our recent trip to Paris I realized that it would be really convenient to have a mini laptop like Francois' (he needed his with him most of the time while working and with all our baggage I couldn't justify bringing my laptop) but also I like the concept of a tablet - lighter and more portable. Our i Phones have a lot of advantages and I have from time to time posted on our bog using mine but there are obvious limitations. After some research and much thought I went out shopping and stumbled onto what is for me the perfect combination of the two. Introducing...ta da....eeePad Transformer...
.





This will be the first post with my new tablet so please excuse any gross errors. I have to learn basic word processing on android technology and am finding it a bit frustrating. Am so used to using Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint. But will persevere because I really like the functionality of this eeePad Transformer. It is a 10 " tablet but it also attaches to the accompanying keyboard to become a mini laptop. The name even sounds cool.