Sunday, November 13, 2011

MY EVER-GROWING 'TO DO' LIST

“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”

 

......if this is indeed true than I can say without reservation that I am truly a happy person..... 

 

Do you sense a 'BUT' there?..... 

 

Have lots of love.  Have lots to hope for.  BUT... the something to do part seems to be getting just a little out of control lately. Which explains, in part, why I have been 'blog absent'.  

 

I find it strange that so many things on my 'to do' list have become crippling as literally every one is something I really enjoy doing (barring the everyday mundane ones - have become a master as 'postponement' where those are concerned).  

My current list (minus the mundane) are as follows:

 

1.Shopping for holiday gifts - now who doesn't enjoy shopping ? - certainly not me.

2.Planning for a holiday party - one of my all time favourite things to do.

 

3. Planning for two trips in December - one east, one north - I adore road trips and visiting family and friends.

...a little less urgent yet still very visible on my list...


4. Drawing the plans and creating the design for our next two renovation projects - not to mention the SHOPPING for the projects - as stated above, I love shopping.  Our little 'salle d'eau' has been waiting patiently (me less so) for its face lift for the past three years.  And the balcony - our outdoor room - will need the finishing touches...thus more conceptual planning and - 'woo hoo' - more shopping. 


 ...... and recently Francois mentioned that he would like a vacation.  My first reaction was - you're retired, we just got back from a month in Paris, you travel all the time.  Then I realized he hasn't had a real vacation (non-work related, non-family related) in a long time. ...so the final thing on my to do list for this year.....


5. Research and plan a winter vacation. 

 

Several years ago, we chose Dominican Republic as Francois' first ever southern vacation where we spent a very pleasant week at a Punta Cana resort.  Francois saw the picture of what we now call our 10:00 o'clock tree and said this is the place (10:00 was when the beach bar opened every morning but after a couple of Mojitos and no 'feeling' he was a little disappointed until the bar tender said 'oh, so sorry mahn, you want me to add 'vitamino' to your juice?')

 

 

And couple of years ago we attended a family wedding on a tiny Bahamian Island

- superb resort, amazing food and accommodations.



The flight path upon leaving the island was over Turks and Caicos. Now that caught our attention!  Turquoise waters, miles of white beaches.  

 


In my past life, I have also been to Nassau, Peurto Rico and a two-week bare boat sailing adventure around the British Virgin Islands. 





 

Criteria for this trip: Condo rental or all-inclusive resort. On the beach or at the very least a spectacular ocean view. Two weeks minimum, as after a few days in the sun it would be nice to have other things to do and see.  Sailing facilities to break up the day and so we could practice for our next level sailing course next summer. 

 

So, even though this is on MY to do list I would love to hear from our readers for any suggestions, ideas or experiences. Use any of the three emails provided (please feel free to include Major Pig's email.  He has done a superior job at keeping up with his correspondence in spite of his recent travels).

 

P.S. to our 'aliers' friends: so very jealous of your recent European adventures.  Can't wait to see the pictures.  A good chance that we will be back in France next summer and this time Francois wants a vacation week either before or after the course. Will let you know as plans unfold. 


Ciao for now.......