Tuesday, November 22, 2011

STRUCTURED PROCRASTINATION & SHOPPING - THE THIRSTY SPORT

``. . . anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment." 
  ~ Robert Benchley

We are now finished holiday shopping.  It's one of the many advantages of retirement to be able to shop early on a week day.  Plus my newly adopted method of 'structured procrastination' (~from author John Perry) is working for me. 

The outing was timed perfectly so we could stop at our favourite watering hole (http://www.les3brasseurs.ca/eng/anjou.php ) for a bite and a pint.  Francois chose the Jarret de porc braisé à la bière (thankfully Maj. Pig stayed at home that day).  I chose their Flammekueche.  Both were delicious and the service great as always.



We were in Quebec City on the weekend and while Francois was in meetings I decided to visit one of the many very nice shopping areas - just to look around.  What a mad house it was - traffic jams, filled parking lots, masses of people waiting in line!  Ooof!  I bought myself a nice sushi lunch, sat quietly in a corner of the restaurant and read my book before heading back to our room.

Next on my list is dinner party menu planning and decorating.

PS Thanks to those who offered travel advice.  Along with Îles Turquoises, we have added Costa Rica (http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/exploring-costa-ricas-osa-peninsula), Panama. Los Roques, and possibly Peru to our list of possibilities. So many appealing choices!