Monday, January 23, 2012

GUEST OF HONOUR


Busy past few weeks and it looks as though the next few will be just as packed with activities.  And here we thought (or more accurately - I had hoped) January and February would be a little quieter....


Fun though.  Anyone who knows me, knows I love a party.  Get to dress up, wear pretty shoes and meet new and interesting people....



The most recent outing was more special than usual as Francois was the Guest of Honour.... 



Also special for me as I got to spend the entire evening in a 'French only' environment at the 'table d'honneur'.  Interesting that a glass or two of wine greatly facilitates my communication 











I was the 'DD' (Designated Driver) though so two glasses was my limit and, as it was a formal mess dinner-format when the wine, cognac, and port flows with each of the many courses and multitude of toasts, Francois was free to be the 'dd' (designated drinker).


As the evening came to a close the band played excerpts from 20 different military marches...



...and Madame la Commandante (moi) was surprised with a beautiful bouquet of flowers....