Wednesday, February 8, 2012

D-MINUS 5.....BUT HERE IT'S BRRR MINUS 19


I forced myself to 'quitte ma chambre' this morning in spite of the frigid weather....  


The wind coming off the river was really bitter - minus 19 according to the local weather reports. Followed it up with a warming cup or three of coffee with my hotel breakfast buffet. I think I will wait until the sun warms the air a bit before heading out again.  



It's such a beautiful day otherwise - would be good for taking some pictures.


After his meetings today a colleague of Francois gave him some Ghana money that he had from a previous trip.


I thought we should reimburse him until we did the conversion: 46 Ghana Cedi = $0.003 Canadian. One of the others said that because the denominations are so small when he would go to a restaurant or bar he felt like a drug dealer with such a big stack of bills.


....I think we are going to need a really big wallet....