Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 3: NESTING, RECONNAISSANCE & MAKING FRIENDS


This  morning I joined Francois for an early morning breakfast.  




There was nothing petit about this déjeuner.  The very lavish buffet, included in the price of our room, offers pretty much anything one could imagine, including smoked salmon with thinly sliced onion and capers and hot dishes cooked  as you like by the chef. 

After Francois left for the day I set about trying to make some order of all our things.  This didn`t hold my interest for long as I was far to kean on scoping out the grounds of the hotel.




There is a lagoon separating the main hotel grounds and beach area.  The pictures have a bit of an ethereal touch but it`s because the lense keeps fogging over with all the humidity.


The beach is beautiful, the warm breeze refreshing but the water not fit for swimming. I wasn`t there long before being approached by a couple claiming to be art students.  They had some very interesting paintings so made a tentative date for another day so that Francois and I could see more of their work. 



They asked that I take their picture so that I wouldn`t mistake them for other vendors.  Since they are quite often in class they said they were afraid we might buy from others who are more available during the day.


These two little cuties quickly lost interest in me when I told them I had no money but were quite happy to pose for the camera.

The best I could tell from my wildlife book this is some kind of Shrike, possibly a Magpie Shrike.





Back in time to grab a light supper on the patio, refreshed with a cool gin & tonic I sat back for a couple of hours re-reading Out of Africa.






And when I returned to our room there was a small morsel of Ghana chocolate on my pillow.



This is paradise!