Sunday, February 5, 2012

MAKING FRIENDS WITH THE REBEL : D-MINUS 8


For our upcoming trip we added to our stash of gadgets 
a new camera.


After researching, reading several reviews, listening to advice from family and friends we settled on...

THE REBEL

Canon EOS T3i

Exciting and intimidating all at the same time.  So many buttons - although it was rated as a good choice for the amateur photographer. Am now wondering if there is a sub-amateur photographer rating.  Or after a few attempts, sub-sub-amateur.  Even the (not so) little manual that came with it seems complicated.  But I will persist.



François' first attempt




...and mine.  

I have such a long way to go...

could be the subject matter...









....or maybe I'll try some outdoor shots....














Nice but ordinary, and I honestly can't see any difference in the quality of the shots compared to those taken with my iPhone.  

Oh well,  I have a week left to practice...