Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday / Vendredi - il pleut

To my dear Paris shoes, 

We have been through many adventures together my little Enzo Angiolini.  Our relatonship began on my first trip to Paris.  Do you remember?  Just three days.  But what an adventure it was!  We walked for miles and miles in the cool light spring rain never minding at all.  Francois showed us sights we had never seen before.  Introduced us to Vin Chaud. Many times.  Remember our tour around Les Invalides?  We passed by twice before realizing we were going in circles. 

I brought you home and your tender leather soles were worn through.  But you never complained.    I had you re-soled so we could continue to enjoy more travels together.  And we did.  Another trip to Paris.  This time for five days when we said goodbye to Jacques.  Poignant yet beautiful.

This time I fear  will be our last adventure together.  Il pleut encore aujourd'hui. Il pleu fort. But you and I will spend the day together.  Walking.  I have found another Paris treasure for our last visit together.  Galeries Véro Dodat. 

It could be that there we will find your replacement.  Perhaps something with pretty red soles? But we will never be able to replace our memories of the times spent together.  The three of us have experienced much.

So let us go out and enjoy our day!