Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The rest of Monday

So, on with the rest of our day.  Still beautiful and sunny.  Hardly a cloud in the sky.  Not too hot. Not too humid.
There will be a graduation ceremony at the Military School this Friday so Francois being the careful organized person he is thought we should do a little reconnaissance as I (the directionally challenged one) will be going there by myself (the others have to be on site early in the morning for a ceremony at the Arc de Triumph). 
After our picnic we headed in the direction of the school so I could familiarize myself with the metro stops near the École Militaire.  My invitation even gives a detailed map showing where to go once inside ‘THE WALL’.  I will NOT be allowed inside without my invitation and I will NOT be allowed in after 11:00. So, canNOT get lost and gotta be there on time!!!!!
Stopped at a pleasant cafe across from the school fittingly called Café des Officiers....

A panaché of ginger beer and lemonade – very refreshing!


Then Francois gave me a private tour within ‘THE WALL’. ...


Beautiful old  historical site so they are limited to what upgrades are allowed but very little money available for restorations.
Mess des Officiers

I even snuck into the horse stable (shh...AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY). 

What beautiful animals!