Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Shopping - hmmm

Today was shopping day as it was supposed to be cloudy with some rain.  Turned out beautiful and sunny but oh well - shopping! 

My intent  while here was and still is to find some little souvenirs to bring back to our grand-kids.  I remembered that Le Bon Marché is the perfect place to locate a variety of things - nice things.  Easy walking distance from our apartment. 


I also wanted to find Francois something appropriately special for his Change of Command on the 11th September when he will officially take command of the 62e Régiment d’artillerie de campagne (62 RAC) in Shawinigan, Quebec.

 I was able to find that special something but am unable to post exactly what I found because it is TOP SECRET. Not sure if I can keep that a secret for long plus I will have to declare it when returning to Canada with Francois beside me.  More on this matter to follow.


I had forgotton just how large Le Bon Marché is.  But as I wondered through the maze of displays up and down the many levels I felt at home surrounded by so many friends: Cloe, Chanel, Givenchy, not to mention Tom, Calvin and Ralph.


I did stroll through all the departments - so tempting - but I remained strong.  My final stop was the kids level (i.e. shopping for grand-kids was the main aim wasn`t it?)
And look what I stumbled onto in the toy department my Lego obsessed Craig............
"Après le grand succès connu aux Etats-Unis, Le Bon Marché Rive Gauche accueille en exclusivité les créations LEGO Architecture du 11 juin au
12 août 2011 à la Galerie de l’Entretemps.


L’occasion pour tout visiteur d’admirer des maquettes inédites, véritables reproductions à grande échelle de certains modèles de la gamme, construites par des fans inconditionnels de LEGO.
Quand LEGO et Architecture ne font qu’un !

En savoir plus : http://bit.ly/ipCiuI
Quand il était petit, l’américain Adam Reed Tycker construisait d’énormes buildings en LEGO. Quelques années plus tard, les jouets se sont transformés en vraies briques et le passionné en architecte. Pour rendre hommage à ce qui a motivé sa profession, Adam Reed Tycker s’associe aujourd’hui à LEGO et propose aux amateurs des fameuses briques en plastique, des modèles réduits des plus beaux monuments architecturaux américains. L’Empire State Building, le Rockefeller
Center, le Fallingwater, le Guggenheim Museum et la Farsworth House se sont tous transformés en maquettes à reproduire chez soi. Direction le Bon Marché pour jouer les architectes d’un jour. "
LEGO Architecture Series

Buzz Lightyear

Flash McQueen aka Lightning McQueen


Saw this display in a store window and somehow thought of my daughter.  Hmm. Wonder why?

Next step was to visit Au Bon Marché La Grande Épicerie de Paris across the street.  One of those I`ve-died-and-gone-to-heaven places.  

I will go back again for some groceries but this visit was to find a couple of mini bottles of champagne for an intended special picnic on Isle Saint-Louis this weekend.  Found two Bollingers - Double O would be proud.


Hmm! just had an idea. If I have trouble hiding Francois` gift or keeping it a secret maybe another couple of mini Bollingers and a presentation of sorts right here in Paris might please my Bond-James-Bond obsessed man.  Ah the intrigue! This is becoming so Double O. 

......License to kill  after he sees the Visa bill :-) .........